Cats are not like humans. They will not tell us that they are feeling bad right away. That is why you need to determine what is going on with your pet based on past patterns.
Generally, the hype that came with CBD oil is not going to stop soon enough, mainly because people think that it has improved the quality of their lives as well as health issues. Therefore, the question is, can we help our pets the same way we are helping ourselves?
As soon as you check here, you will understand the reality of the CBD market.
When it comes to CBD oil for pets, you should know that it is perfectly safe to give it to your cat, but you need to set the right dosage. In case you have a sick cat with a particular chronic condition, you should stay with us to learn more about the benefits of CBD oil in general.
What Is CBD?
The most important thing that you need to know is that CBD is not weed or marijuana. Even though you can find numerous resources that explain the exact difference between marijuana that people use to get high and CBD, people still do not get it.
That is the main reason why they are not confident whether they should give it to a feline friend to reduce the particular symptoms. Remember that CBD oil comes from hemp or cannabis plant, but unlike the one used for recreational purposes, CBD does not come with high levels of THC.
Since THC is responsible for the euphoric effect, you can rest assured because hemp products have low levels because of legality issues that may happen otherwise.
According to current studies, CBD has the potential to help with numerous diseases and conditions, including seizures, depression, anxiety, cancer, and many more.
It can also increase appetite while reducing nausea and help with addictions as well.
Cat Conditions You Can Treat With CBD Oil
Keep in mind that cats tend to suffer from the same issues as dogs and humans. However, using medications is not always practical, especially for chronic issues.
At the same time, medications can lead to severe side effects, which is another reason why cat owners decide to choose an alternative and natural approach in the form of oil.
You should enter this site: https://www.petmd.com/dog/care/whats-latest-using-cbd-pet-anxiety-and-pain to understand the importance of CBD treatment for your cat.
You can find numerous hemp products that are specifically designed for pet usage, and they will help you deal with these issues:
- Vomiting – The first thing that you should remember is that vomiting can be an indicator of either mild issue or severe health problem. Your cat can quickly start to vomit because it ate something toxic or due to hairballs. However, the problem can happen due to other issues as well, including inflammatory bowel disease, kidney disease, and other issues. Instead of waiting for an issue to resolve itself, you can give your cat a small dose of oil that will reduce both vomiting and nausea along the way.
- Cancer – Similarly to humans, cats are prone to cancer as well. However, these types of treatments are highly aggressive, primarily due to chemotherapy, and because it can lead to loss of appetite and nausea, among other things. Humans tend to use CBD to reduce nausea and pain, which is something that you can give to your cat in case it has cancer, and it undergoes severe and invasive treatments. It will help your cat deal with this particular period of life and will improve it as well.
- Anxiety – Even though it sounds unusual, anxiety is a common problem that happens to cats. As soon as they become anxious, they tend to demonstrate unusual behavior and aggressiveness, among other things. For instance, cats hate changing the location and moving because they have to get used to a new place. Giving them oil will help reduce the overall anxiety and allow them to relax.
- Arthritis – It is challenging to detect this particular problem in your cat, but that does not mean that they are not in constant pain while walking, running, and eating. You should help your cat deal with these issues without giving her harmful medications that could cause severe side effects. Instead, CBD oil can reduce joint pain and help them maintain the overall activity.
- Epilepsy – Even though it is a less common condition that affects cats, it is something that may happen. The problem with this particular illness is the challenge that comes while providing the right diagnosis. At the same time, experts have insufficient data on the treatment. Instead of waiting for a seizure to happen, you can reduce the frequency by giving it CBD drugs that are approved by the FDA.
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease – When it comes to severe inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract, you should know that this condition tends to happen to elderly cats. A condition prevents your cat from digesting and absorbing food properly. Therefore, if you have noticed diet changes and lower appetite than before, you should go to a vet to determine the cause of it. Common symptoms are bloody stools, diarrhea, weight loss, as well as vomiting. Since CBD oil comes with anti-inflammatory effects, it will help your cat deal with symptoms along the way.
- Pancreatitis – This is another severe condition that could happen to your cat. We are talking about pancreas inflammation, which is a lethal problem in case you do not act accordingly and as soon as possible. The first thing you will notice is the loss of appetite, and your cat will refuse to eat. Other symptoms include dehydration, low body temperature, as well as lethargy. If you wish to deal with these symptoms, you should give your cat CBD oil orally twice a day. That will reduce the inflammation and improve the appetite, which will ultimately affect the immune system.
You should check out Tastefulspace official website to determine the benefits of CBD for your feline friends.
As you can see from everything we have mentioned above, it is crucial to determine the cause of a particular symptom before you start treating it.
However, if you wish to avoid expensive and harmful medications, you should implement an alternative approach when treating the side effects of chronic conditions.